Tuesday, August 26, 2008

boring you with vacation pictures

My son Jon generally has two big complaints about me. First, that I like everybody, which to him proves that my standards are too low. The other is that I don't take enough vacation pictures.

Well, here in Alaska, we are taking lots of pictures, but now that I look at them I realize how the scenery in Alaska is impossible to capture on film. It's just all too big. Ya gotta see it for yourself.

So, pathetically enough, here is a picture of me, to show you that I was really here. And two of the better photos of Alaska that I've taken so far, one south of Anchorage and one taken on our 12-hour train trip north to Fairbanks....











2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to go to Alaska. I would love to see your pictures.
Vickie

muse said...

Cursing, and oohing and aawing! Perfect description... just too big and beautiful for film, eh?