Wednesday, October 29, 2008

the Phillies do it!



The Phillies have won the 2008 World Series.
***
When you're a fan of the Philadelphia professional sports teams, you wait a long time between chances to win the Big One. I think of my nephew Michael. He is an absolutely devoted Philadelphia sports fan, and, since he has been old enough to follow the teams, there has been a total drought of championships. He has had his heart broken many times during those years...
***
So, I say to Michael, enjoy it!!! The Phillies did it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I say the same thing!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats to Michael. I felt like I was just watching the game with him and I hope he jumped as high as I did for that last strike. (yes I jumped) It's been a long time since I have been this excited. Corey will proudly be wearing his phillies outfit again tomorrow! Go phils and all fans of the philly teams!!!!!