Sunday, August 22, 2010

catchin' the 2:15 to sin city

It's early on one of those Sunday mornings that I love...

My son Tom stayed over, as he usually does on Saturday nights. He and Jerry actually let me win at cards last night, and I'm hoping I didn't use up all my luck on that one game. I need more.

In a few minutes, we need to take Tom home in St. Paul, where we'll stop first for some breakfast on the outdoor patio at the Day by Day Cafe. Then back home to pack up the remaining necessities of life (the laptops, the cameras, the iPods, the cords and the chargers), meet Tim and Judie downtown at the light-rail station, and take the train out to the airport. Then we're leavin' on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again (actually, Wednesday evening), and we'll be off to wallow for three days in the hideous excesses of capitalism.

Viva Las Vegas, baby! I'll hook up with you there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so fun when we used to go to the day by day cafe for lunch... good times!! :-)

A.P.

Howard said...

Come down to the Cities and see us sometime, A.P.! and Happy Birthday to you!