Saturday, September 4, 2010

46 in the 47th

We're on our way home after a definitely worthwhile and fun trip. Plus, I'm able to add four states to my States I've Visited List, am up to 47 -- three to go after this (Oregon, Oklahoma, Texas). The 47th was Alabama yesterday, where we spend exactly 46 minutes -- long enough to pee and have some coffee and apple pie. That gives Alabama the distinction of being the state, of the ones I've seen, that I've spent the least amount of time in, replacing West Virginia. More exciting Howard trivia to come.
*****
For Instance:
THE STATES THAT I'VE SPENT THE MOST TIME IN:
1) Minnesota (How did this happen?).
2) New Jersey (Which is maybe where my heart has sort of always been).
3) South Carolina (Don't ask).
4) North Carolina (2 months of Army basic training at Fort Bragg, plus several other trips to the state).
5) Louisiana (2 months of Army jungle training at Fort Polk, with no return trips ever!).

No comments: