Sunday, January 9, 2011

embracing the snow

Staying with my sister Mary while I'm here in South Jersey and having a great time with her. It's been a long time since we've had some one-on-one time.

But this morning, while she went to church, I got in my rental car and drove to Atlantic City, about a half hour away. It was an absolutely beautiful morning. There was a fresh layer of snow everywhere, the sun was shining, the roads were good. It was a perfect winter morning in AC on the Boardwalk.

Mary and I visited yesterday and this afternoon with my brother Ronnie, who is recovering at home and seems to be making good progress. He mostly seems like himself. His immunity is still very low, so he'll be confined at home for a while, but he's in good humor and we had a great time talking and watching the football playoffs (Lamenting the Eagles loss, though).

I'll be leaving on Tuesday, although there is a big snowstorm predicted for here for Tuesday, so who knows, maybe I'll get snowed in here. Maybe that's okay.

No comments: