Thursday, February 10, 2011

siriusly sinatra

Today while I work my music choice is the "Siriusly Sinatra" channel on Sirius Radio. It's all Frank Sinatra and Sinatra-era music, and it not bad, at least once in a while. Kind of reminds me of my mom, who was a "serious" Frank Sinatra fan before she was married. She used to go to Atlantic City and see him at Steel Pier, back in the day. My favorite Sinatra recordings are the Cole Porter songs, especially "I've Got You Under My Skin." If somebody would have told me when I was a teenager that one day I'd ever be listening to my mother's music, even for an isolated day here and then, I would have been appalled.

Tonight, we're going to a Minnesota Orchestra concert to hear Rachmaninoff's 3rd Piano Concerto. My mom would have liked that too, I bet.

No comments: