Wednesday, August 10, 2011

number 365

I made it through one year, Ruthie.

My blog started four years ago this month, but it was pretty sporadic until last August when my niece Ruthie challenged me to post something every day, and I have ever since, even though, as you know, some of these posts have been pretty darn lame.  Today is the 365th day in a row.  I can't guarantee that I'll make it another 365 days without lapsing, but let's give it a try.

If, instead, I had written a page a day of a book, I'd have 365 pages by now.  Maybe that's what I should do instead -- or in addition to...

... because I keep wondering, Will this blog hang out there in cyberspace indefinitely, even after I'm dead, or will it all just disappear one day?  The Internet might end up one day just being a nostalgia joke, sort of like eight-track tape players.

1 comment:

ruthie said...

woohoo! I think you need to keep going continuously as long as Aunt Joan keeps her pictures going at least. Can't give her an excuse to stop now!