Tuesday, September 6, 2011

first day of school, revisited


When my sons Jon and Tom were growing up, I used to take them to McDonald's every year on the first day of school.  It's been a while since they were in grade school -- even Tom has been out of high school for 11 years now -- but today is the first day of school here for other kids, so we revised the McDonald's tradition this evening.  Why not?

Actually, we got together not primarily for McDonald's but because the two of them are leaving for a nine-day trip to San Diego day after tomorrow and I wanted to them before they leave town -- plus, I  needed to see how Jon's garden is doing, and of course it is beautiful once again.

Have a fun time, guys.

1 comment:

Jon said...

For some reason, I didn't see this until now. There's finally a post about me (not that I want many to be about me!), and then I miss seeing it! Dumb. BTW, I like how you make Tom and I sound so old. Oh well, at least the garden was spoken of in a more flattering light.