Friday, November 11, 2011

eleven eleven eleven

I need to post this while it is still November 11 in Europe.  My friend and co-worker, Mary O., is in Spain for five weeks and keeps current with my blog even when she is over there meditating.  She is also a numbers person and into dates that sound kind of cute (which you might remember from my posts "nine ten eleven" or "ten ten ten") and has been looking forward to the date 11.11.11 more than any of the others.  I mean, 11 is kind of a lucky number for some people, plus just think of it -- all ones! -- 111111!  A date like this won't ever happen again.  "22.22.22" just won't cut it, since there aren't 22 months in any year (although maybe by then there will be!) and besides that's just twos!

It's also Veterans Day (formerly "Armistice Day", commemorating the signing of the armistice to end World War I, signed at 11 a.m. on 11.11 back in 1918).  Some people have the day off today as a holiday, most of them not veterans. I, a veteran, am working but might go hang out with the Veterans for Peace group at OccupyMN later on.  Have a good 11.11.11, all of you.  We all were lucky enough to live it together.

No comments: