Monday, June 4, 2012

the silliest song of all

Yesterday, Tom and I were listening in the car to SiriusXM '80s channel.  They were counting down the Top 40 songs from this week in 1986, and there were some okay songs on the list, but the #1 song was Whitney Houston's "The Greatest Love Of All", which is a bit of a silly song ("Learning to love yourself is the greatest love of all [?!?!]").  What's funny is that after that, Tom and I couldn't get the song out of our heads.  Tom was texting me all evening that it was still stuck there, although he admitted that, considering some of the alternatives, maybe that wasn't the worst song in the world to be stuck with.

I thought about putting it here as my Monday video, but I just can't make myself do it.  First, it's a goofy song, and, more importantly, it has a 15-second commercial before it starts... But, if you'd like to hear it, here's the link: The Greatest Love of All.

Fair warning, though:  it's catchy, in its own way.

No comments: