Thursday, August 9, 2012

suddenly, a vaccine evangelist

My friend Todd has the whooping cough!  and, man, is he miserable! He has been coughing his brains out for two weeks, has probably at least another two weeks of it, has been to the E.R., has taken antibiotics (so he should at least not be contagious anymore!), has slept very little...

Whooping cough (official name pertussis) is something that I used to hear about kids having when I was a kid, and I thought it went away:  until the recent couple years, I hadn't heard about whooping cough in decades because an effective vaccine was developed... But it's back and was even proclaimed an "epidemic" on the West Coast a year or two ago.

Todd, between coughing fits, is now preaching the word for people to get vaccinated from this awful illness, so I'm just passing the word along....

No comments: