Wednesday, November 28, 2012

why 'happy hour' was invented

A crazy day -- One client meeting that went for three and a half hours followed immediately by another client meeting that lasted three hours.  Both were excellent meetings -- fun, even, but that kind of pace can wear on you.

A work week right before I'm leaving town is often crammed full of pressure and anxiety.. Same in the week right after I get back.

Referring to my trip next week, my co-worker Jeff to me over happy-hour martinis:  "Why do you like traveling down South?"  Me:  "Two reasons:  1) the food; and 2) being there makes me feel so intelligent!"

(It was the gin talking).

1 comment:

vickie said...

I doubt it was the gin. I've lived here (NC) for almost 3 years now, and I've seen and heard some really dumb ways of thinking and doing things. I hope it doesn't rub off on me.