Wednesday, January 29, 2014

why i was watching netflix

You know I like Obama just fine, but, I'm sorry, I just can't watch State of the Union speeches anymore; in fact, I think maybe I haven't watched a SOTU since that year when Clinton was speaking at the same time everyone was waiting for the O.J. Simpson verdict (Remember the split screen?).  The whole event is generally just so much phoniness -- ideas that will never be enacted, pretend-respect, an occasional idiot-Congressperson shouting out "Liar!" at the President... Who wants to see that?

So instead last night I watched an obscure foreign (Luxembourg, Germany) film that I enjoyed but which ended on a down-note, so I followed it up with two episodes of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, which left me feeling better than seeing two hours of John Boehner making funny faces behind the President would have done.

No comments: