Monday, June 30, 2014

another buddhist in seattle

Tom, approaching nirvana
My son Tom was playing around on his iPad and/or iPhone with those inane questions that pop up on Facebook, you know the ones like "Which Disney villain are you?", and after answering several seemingly unrelated questions he came up with some answers for his life:  For "Which city should you be living in?", it was suggested that he should be in Seattle, Washington, and "To which religion should you belong?", he was told Buddhism.

"What is Buddhism anyway?" he asks and, for me, that wasn't an easy question to answer.  Thank God (or Buddha) for Wikipedia, and, after giving it some thought, I think I can picture Tom as a Buddhist.  I just hope he doesn't move to Seattle, although, now that I think about Seattle, I have the feeling there are already plenty of Buddhists there.  :-)

No comments: