Thursday, October 13, 2011

blackout on my belt loop

I knew something had to be wrong. When I turned on my BlackBerry "smart" phone yesterday morning, there were no personal email updates since early the previous evening.  That never happens.  And I wear my phone on my belt all day while at work, and I'm usually getting phone vibrations and/or message sounds all during the day.  Yesterday, nothing all day.  It wasn't until later in the afternoon that I saw a news item -- BlackBerry had had a rolling blackout starting in Asia and Europe and hitting North America night before last.  It seems to be back now, but who's to say?

My left hip enjoyed the vibration-free day, though.  Most of the email messages that I get on my personal email tend to be political send-me-money pleas or $10-off coupons from Buca di Beppo or some such place anyway, so there's generally no urgency for me to read (and delete) them.  People that are dependent on their BlackBerry emails for business purposes must have had a tough day, though.

No comments: