Monday, September 15, 2014

U2?

I have all the basic Apple electronics -- iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple TV -- and they still baffle me sometimes, so when the new U2 album, Songs of Innocence, appeared on my iTunes playlist, I naturally assumed that I had pushed a wrong button somewhere and would be charged for music that I hadn't wanted.

But, no, my sister Joan clued me in that all of the iTunes customers -- all 500 million of us -- had received the album free of charge.

It turns out that I like the album, even thought I've always been just lukewarm about U2, but apparently there aren't 500 million other U2 fans out there, so people are complaining, so Apple just came out with a fix to dump it if you want to.

Free music sounds good to me.  It just scares me what the next one might be.

No comments: