Sunday, July 26, 2015

mick isn't old

I was just several years behind him, but I remember when Mick Jagger turned 30 and I had moments of wondering if I should listen to the Rolling Stones anymore.  After all, it was the baby-boomer era of "Never trust anybody over 30!"

But I kept playing the Stones and always will, and, as Mick Jagger turns 72 today, I'm still several years behind him, in a baby-boomer era of questioning whether anybody under 30 can trusted.

Mick is still spry and performing and in great shape and might still be doing "Jumping Jack Flash" at age 100.  We went to see him and the Stones just last month here in Minneapolis.  It's been great having him along for our ride through rapid decades.

"But what can a poor boy do, 'cept to sing for a rock-n-roll band?..."

1 comment:

Flawed and Charming said...

I hear Tom Petty turns 65 today, and while I'm more than several years behind him, I had much the same reaction as in your post. Crazy!