Thursday, March 7, 2019

cross section

For some visitors, the best part of being here in Las Vegas is the “people watching...”

As a sat at a slot machine today, I paid extra attention to the people cruising past me.  Cowboys, pretty young things from L.A., couples who look like it’s their first time out of Iowa, and everything in between....  It’s certainly a cross section of America here.  Judging by all of the non-English-speaking conversations passing by me, maybe it’s a bizarre cross section of the world too.  Walking by, there was a guy with a dab on ash on his forecast, which reminded me not only that today is Ash Wednesday (a ritual that I never really understood) but that it’s Wednesday as opposed to any other possible day of the week!  It’s not quite a real world here.

Back home shortly.

No comments: