Thursday, March 31, 2011

lebron james is a jerk

I typed "LeBron James is a jerk" as my post title because I'm sort of dreading the thought of seeing him tomorrow night when his Miami Heat team plays our lowly Minnesota Timberwolves.  Then I typed "LeBron James is a jerk" into a Google search and was amazed at how many links there were with that exact title.  So excuse me for being un-original, but if the guy weren't such a jerk people wouldn't be calling him a jerk...

... especially in Cleveland, the city that he betrayed last year by leaving their Cavaliers in a most insulting way.... and then remember how he (and the stupid sports media) made such a big deal about which other team would be graced with his presence?  ... anyway, I've already devoted too much space to the jerk...

... and the Timberwolves, who now have a conference-worst record of 17 wins and 58 losses, just seem to be riding out their few remaining games anxious to get to vacation and the college draft.  Jerry and I stopped at the Wolves-Chicago Bulls game last night, and it was so pathetic that we only stayed for about one quarter.  The place was packed with Bulls fans, and there is nothing more obnoxious in basketball than Bulls fans -- unless maybe it might be LeBron James fans.  We'll see how many of them show up tomorrow night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

See I think Lebron being a jerk makes it more fun to root against him. Instead of just rooting against him because he is such a great player.

Howard said...

I agree. The hard part is watching other people deliriously cheering him on.