Sunday, April 3, 2011

north to anoka

OK, I came back to the office and stayed til past midnight and accomplished a lot but certainly couldn't get up early this morning and head straight back to the office, so Jerry and I got in my car and drove to breakfast at one of our favorite mom-and-pop breakfast cafes in one of the near-northern Minneapolis suburbs.  After that, we headed north a little more to the city of Anoka, which in this urban sprawl is technically a suburb too ("outer-ring"), I guess, but at least has a real downtown and its own identity, sort of, and we strolled around the quiet downtown for a while, stopped at an ice cream shop and an antique shop and headed home...

... all of which is inconsequential, but the important part of spending a Sunday morning like that is that it gave me some therapeutic driving time and also gave Jerry and me a chance to talk without interruptions and one or the other of us having to go to work right away...  So we got to catch up with how things are going in our world -- Should we go somewhere after April 15th?  -- Isn't it time for the U.S. to finally give up and get out of Afghanistan?  ... that sort of thing...

... and he had a 2 o'clock appointment to get to, and I needed to get to the office, so the morning was a nice break... We don't ask for much this time of year.

No comments: