Wednesday, June 1, 2011

those times when we need each other

The day started weird.  I was so tired and spacey this morning at the airport that I lost my card in the ATM machine.  I still have not been feeling well or sleeping well since my "off balance" day three weeks ago.  I bought a muffin to eat on the plane and ate part of it and didn't eat another thing until late this evening.  No appetite.  And after spending part of the day with my sisters, my sister-in-law Denise (Ronnie's wife), and my nephew Michael, I went back to the hotel and slept for four hours.  It helped tremendously.

It's late evening, back here in my hometown.  I usually like being here.  This time it's strange.  Memories of Ronnie are everywhere.  I am so lucky to have four siblings left, and I love them all so much.  And I'm doubly lucky to have such a great extended family -- nieces, nephews, cousins.  We've somehow all held together all these years.  I treasure them all.

No comments: