Sunday, January 1, 2012

Tom buys an iPhone

My son Tom has given in to peer pressure of the world around him and today bought an Smart phone -- an iPhone.  I haven't seen him this excited in years.

... and I might be right behind him.  My Blackberry is falling behind.. maybe I need to go Apple....
*****
How did your New Year's Eve go last night?  We stayed at home, welcomed 2012 with Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin on CNN.  There was a minor brouhaha later about one of the singers at the Times Square celebration who purposely messed up the lyrics to John Lennon's song "Imagine".  This is how part of one of the verses goes:  "Imagine there's no countries, It isn't hard to do, Nothing to kill or die for, And no religion too..."   The dude changed that last phrase to "And all religions too..."  He may have felt this was being politically correct, but it changes the meaning of the whole damn song!  I wasn't the only person who noticed and objected -- Twitter was alive with protests! I say, cool, something good finally happened on Twitter!
*****
Oh no, I wonder if Tom is going to become a Tweeter.

No comments: