Monday, February 27, 2012

imagining ashes on ryan seacrest's tuxedo

I'm not used to seeing the "red-carpet" shows before the Oscars, but Ruthie and Joan were there watching with me last night, so I sat through the gushing interviews until the watching finally paid off, with Sacha (Borat) Baron Cohen's stunt -- dressed as The Dictator, he dumped ashes, theoretically those of Kim Jong Il, all over Ryan Seacrest (American Idol?), one of the gushing interviewers.

Tom, who is crazy about slapstick, loved it, suggested that I post a video of that Seacrest moment today since Monday is usually my video day, but I'm not finding a good YouTube clip that doesn't have advertisements or something else annoying, so I'll skip and do a different video tomorrow instead.  If you didn't see it, you'll have to just imagine Ryan Seacrest with ashes all down the front of his tuxedo as he tries not to freak out.

When the Oscars show actually started, it was a good one, well-paced, with Billy Crystal doing his usual great job as host.  The Artist and Hugo won most of the awards, so I liked that of course.  Otherwise, the highlights of the night were the Cirque du Soleil production, Angelina Jolie's leg and Meryl Streep winning Best Actress.

No comments: