Thursday, February 16, 2012

madness continues

My month of seeing the Oscar nominees for Best Picture before the February 26th Academy Awards is going by quickly.  Out of the nine nominated films, I have just one more to see -- Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close -- and I'm just waiting for my niece Ruthie, who is currently sick as a dog, to be able to leave her sick bed long enough to go to the movies with me.  If she isn't well by this weekend, she might have to wait for this movie to come out on DVD!  Not sure that I want her hacking her brains out in the seat next to me anyway, now that I think about it.. j/k, Ruthie!  :-)

I saw a good little film the other evening -- Beginners, starring Ewan McGregor and Christopher Plummer -- about a man who "comes out of the closet" at age 75.  Christopher Plummer will certainly get my "vote" for Best Supporting Actor as the fun-loving late bloomer.

No comments: