Wednesday, March 30, 2016

a mad man, again

Bingeing is how people watch TV now.  Someone recommends a show to you, you find it on Netflix or somewhere in the cloud, and, if it's a show that grabs you, you watch episode after episode, season after season, all within a short time frame, until you've watched them all, commercial-free and ending before you really want them to end.

This is the first time I have re-binged, though.  I'm re-watching Mad Men, probably my favorite of the shows that we've binged on, and am back in the middle of Season 6.   It's a drama about a Madison Avenue advertising firm, all taking place in the '60s, which of course is my era.  Ya gotta love main character Don Draper, the ultra-suave yet screwed-up ad genius, and all of the other characters that play out during the most tumultuous yet lovable decade of my lifetime.

My other favorite binge-worthy shows so far:  Breaking Bad, Six Feet Under, Downton Abbey, The Newsroom.

I'll be looking for a new one soon.  Got any suggestions?

No comments: