Thursday, March 24, 2016

america on line, 1996

I once was ahead of the game with my first computer and installing America On Line (AOL) for internet connection.  It was the thing, although in hindsight amusingly primitive.

To this day, I have stuck with my original AOL email handle -- my "screenname" -- and AOL has progressed with technology advancements, and it's still my primary email address.

The reason I am mentioning this is because twice lately people have laughed at me for still having an AOL address, like "gmail" (or something else by now) is way cooler.  Well, folks, I have gmail also (which I check out maybe once a month), but AOL somehow seems a lot better to me ... Or maybe it's that dang loyal streak in me... or nostalgia for the mid-'90s, when it was all so new.

1 comment:

vickie said...

I still have my aol email address too