Sunday, March 13, 2016

i pity the poor immigrant

The U.S. media is too focused on Trump and our political circus to notice much else going on in the world, but there is much happening in the world, too much of it bad.  Call me soft if you want, but my mind keep heading back to all those refugees flooding Europe and the heartbreaking stories that follow each one of them.  My good friend Elke in Germany keeps me updated on six Syrian families that have been moved to her village in Northern Germany and the struggles they -- each one of them -- are going through on top of the trauma they've experienced just getting there!

I'm of course disappointed in American attitudes toward these refugees -- plus toward the innocents that are still stuck in the chaos rampant in certain areas of the Middle East.  I'm especially dismayed by the so-called "Christian" groups that only want to help some of the "Christian" refugees and the hell with the rest of them.  Even though these type of "Christians" don't usually refer to the Gospels -- preferring a twisted "dark side" of the Bible to a positive loving message -- I recommend that they go back and read the Parable of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:25-37).

That's my Sunday sermon for the day.  Don't expect any more of them any time soon.  :-)

No comments: