Wednesday, March 7, 2012

the effect of sleep deprivation on blog quality

For instance:  a 14-hour day at the office yesterday, back here at 7:30 this morning.  Oh well.  It's what I do this time of year.

I mentioned to Jerry on the phone that I was thinking about taking that weekend off following the Ides of March deadline, maybe even a long weekend.  "You need to get away, dude!" he said.  "Why don't you go to Las Vegas?" (I'm paraphrasing -- he never calls me "dude").  And before you know it, he had gone on his laptop booking a flight for me and I had called for a free hotel room, and it's set, the 17th through the 20th (Sorry, Jon!).  If Las Vegas can't make me think about something beyond my work load, then I'm in really bad shape...

... other than that, I got nuthin' today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darn it!! I spent my tax refund paying off the rest of my debts!! I should have gone to Vegas!! maybe next year... Have fun!!

Howard said...

well, Anonymous, it's my Mental Health Break excuse.. although it's not easy using the phrases "mental health" and "Las Vegas" in the same thought...