Sunday, March 18, 2012

madness and green stuff

When I made this last-minute Vegas reservation, it somehow didn't occur to me that it was St. Patrick's Day and also within March Madness month (since I admittedly pay zero attention to college basketball), and last night turned out to be one of the busiest Saturday nights of the year here.  When I come to this town, I generally try to avoid weekends:  it's just too darn full of people.  Last night, it was okay, though.  The mix of people dressed in green costumes and sports fans seemed to mix together just fine and they all least had the drinking in common.

People that know me are mystified, I'm sure, that I would go to such a crazy place when I need to get away from reality and stress and probably are surprised that, being the person they think I am, I ever spend any time in a city that is a monument to capitalist excess.  Oh well, what can I say?  It's one of my guilty pleasures, and I like it.  And if I were to ever to stay longer than three nights, I think I would hate it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.