Sunday, March 11, 2012

that deferred hour

How long has Daylight Savings Time started this early in March?  Didn't it used to be the end of April?

Anyway, we sprung forward last night, and we won't get back that hour until next fall.

And, speaking of springing, what a spring day it was here in Minneapolis -- sunny and temperatures in the 60s!  This has been the best winter of the 34 I have spent in Minnesota.  The naysayers say a mild winter like this means we will have lots of bugs this summer and that it will be hell for allergy-sufferers.... But today was a day to be relished by everyone.

4 comments:

ruthie said...

I was trying to remember how many years you had been here last night. (yes, i have no life) I was only 2 years off so not bad. This was an amazing winter and I wish it were like this every year!! Weather in the 70s in a few days!

Howard said...

wow Ruthie, you are right, this is my 36th winter here! (without my calculator, I'm lost)...

ruthie said...

lol now that is funny

Jon said...

I love daylight savings time! It's even worth losing an hour. It gets the rest of the world (well, most of it) a little closer to my own internal clock (since everyone knows I always go to bed too early and wake up too early). Now they just need to do away with standard time entirely!