Saturday, April 14, 2012

all in all, i'd rather be in Finland

I was just reading a sad article about Robin Gibb of the BeeGees, that he is in a coma and probably near death.  I posted about him on 11/21/11 ("hey there, Robin...") and his struggle with cancer, but then after that it looked like he may have won the battle.  Apparently not...  Our best thoughts are with Robin, a good man.

Yesterday I got to have a brief visit with my friend Mary W., visiting from Oregon.  She is one of my faithful blog readers and was touched by my recent post (4/9/12 -- "4/9/87 and every 4/9 thereafter") about my mom's sudden death 25 years ago.  We agreed that, as hard as it may be for family, that is way we would want to go.  Keep that in mind if I keel over one of these days.

Oh.... Mary thinks I should really go to Finland.  She's been there, and she loved it.

1 comment:

Lee said...

I've been there too. I agree. You should go...but go Icelandic Air. It's so civil, and you don't spend all that extra time in a plane...