Sunday, April 1, 2012

a day for which they predicted 80 degrees and sunny

It was a Sunday morning unlike what the weather people had been predicting all week. They had been saying 80 degrees and sunny, and all through the morning it never got any better than mid-40s and gloomy. Sometime after noon, the sun finally came out, and the temperatures maybe hit 65, which isn't bad but still felt like a letdown.  Maybe it was an April Fool's joke.  You know what jokesters those weather people are.

It was Palm Sunday and perhaps I should have gone to church anyway instead of being at the coffeeshop thinking bleak thoughts, but I have to admit I don't know why Palm Sunday is a big deal anyway.  Mary W., maybe you can explain that to me.

2 comments:

Jon said...

I was outside painting for the entire weekend, and believe me, Saturday was much more of a letdown than Sunday was... but there is one bright spot to the cooler temperatures: Unlike last weekend, this weekend I wasn't painting amidst a swarm of wasps! (Isn't it a little early for wasps?)

Howard said...

wasps already?? Not a good sign at all!