Saturday, November 8, 2014

but there's a severe drought in California

To tell the truth, if it weren't for Jerry and Tom and Jon and my house being here, I'd probably move out of Minnesota.  I mean, Minnesota isn't so bad, except for the weather and bad sports teams and phony smiles, but I've done it and now it's just repetition.

I'm going to buy a new laptop (any suggestions?) and finally try to do some serious writing.  You see, I'm going to start working a lot less, eventually phasing out, so I'll have some free time to write.  What I'm not sure of is if I'll have inspiration here. Do surroundings provide inspiration?

When we were traveling the Northern California Coast this past summer, I could picture myself being inspired there to write.  But, if I'm going to fantasize, why not a year in Paris?  Or Hamburg, Germany?

Ah yes, Europe inspires me.  But life's choices are limited, especially when you reach a certain age.

Snow is in the forecast.  And the Timberwolves lost another game last night, and Ricky Rubio got hurt.

1 comment:

Vickie said...

really???? Is that comment staying on your blog, Howard?