Sunday, November 2, 2014

sweating it out in old san juan

Jerry lived in Puerto Rico for about a year back in the '80s sometime, and he goes back there once in a while to visit his friend Jose, and that's where he is now.  He is Facebooking his friends and texting me about how hot it is there right now -- for instance, this morning he texted "Jesus it's been HOT!!  yesterday it was hotter and more humid than I can ever remember!" -- and getting very little sympathy from those of us left back in a chilly Minnesota.

Old San Juan, January 2014
The last time I was there, back in January, San Juan being one of the cruise stops on that Caribbean cruise, and the weather was quite perfect then.  Here's a pic that I took back then.  After taking the photo, I spent some time in that little coffee shop off there to the right (because it had Wifi).  Old San Juan can be quite charming.  Or not.  Pay attention to the time of year, I guess.

No comments: