Saturday, July 16, 2011

hot and cold in mid July

Somehow I got this summer cold... Sore throat, cough, all of that winter stuff, at a time when we hit the hottest, most humid days of summer.  Guess I'll just keep the air conditioning cranked up and a blanket on me for a weekend as I suck on Halls cough drops.  I can't complain, really.  It's unusual for me to catch a cold any time of year.

Meanwhile, we are feeling a little sad.  My sister Mary went home to New Jersey today after a fun three-week stay with us, and we miss her already.  We had a whirlwind of restaurants, theater and music while she was here, but mostly she is just fun to have around.  And my piano got a nice workout while she was here!

It was a little easier to let her leave knowing that we'll be in New Jersey in three weeks for a family reunion.

No comments: