Tuesday, July 26, 2011

it's mick jagger's birthday

The tired cliche that I hate the most:  "Age is only a number."

It's way more than just a number.

Yesterday I watched an Amy Winehouse video because I didn't know what she sounded like. 
I kinda liked her!  and now she is dead, at that killer age of 27: same age that brought an end to Brian Jones, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain...

I remember when Mick Jagger turned 30.  Being an avid Rolling Stones fan at the time, I wasn't sure if I could still listen to somebody that old.... (and he had already lived to be three years older than his fellow band member Brian Jones had).

Today he turns 68 and is still cool and has shown a lot of people an untraditional way to age.  And I still listen to the Rolling Stones, but when I hear them I'm still picturing them all under 30.  Happy Birthday, Mick.  I'm glad you're still with us.

No comments: