Thursday, July 21, 2011

a mary day

No, not my sister Mary.  Two friends named Mary.

My co-worker, Mary O., had to head to Cleveland, Ohio today for a bit of an unpleasant task.  She and her sisters need to help move their mother out of her home (where she has lived for 50+ years) and into assisted living.  This is a traumatic and emotional event for a family as parents age.  I drove Mary to the airport, and on the way we stopped and met Jerry for coffee and got to talk it out a bit.  Both Jerry and I value her friendship so much.  I hope that these next few days somehow go well for her.

Then, when I got back to the office, I got a phone call from another friend, Mary W. This Mary lives on the coast in Oregon and called me partly to tell me how cute I was when I was in kindergarten (If you're a Facebook friend of mine, you'll know what I'm talking about!).  We had a good chat on the phone about many things.  Oregon, if you recall, is the only state I haven't been to, and Mary is doing her best to get Jerry and me out there for a visit.  This might be the year.

Both Mary O. and Mary W. are regular readers of this blog.  Hugs to you both.  :-)

No comments: