Friday, July 29, 2011

less than full disclosure

My friend Elke in Germany sent me an email this morning, sort of amused at my choice of recent blog topics:  a banged-up car, Amy Winehouse, the President, the I.R.S., and meanwhile she doesn't find out from all that how I am really doing -- for instance, how goes my recovery from the surgery of six weeks ago today?  So, just in case there are other people out there who wonder about such things, this will serve as my medical update (without very much detail!!).

In a nutshell, I'm fine.  I had a doctor appointment yesterday -- the doctor who performed the surgery, that is -- and he said I am doing great and that I don't have to see him again until December.  I feel almost back to normal, physically and mentally, and can get back to exercising and more strenuous stuff in a couple weeks.  My hemoglobin is still down a bit but getting better.  The rest of the info is way too intimate for a mixed audience, but, if you have a real need to know, you'll just need to email me!

Now forget about that and go have a good weekend.

No comments: