Saturday, January 12, 2013

i forgot how much i used to like led zeppelin

It started with Led Zeppelin, sort of the originators of hard rock music, receiving the Lincoln Center Honors a couple weeks ago.  It was weird seeing Robert Plant and Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones, old men now, dressed in tuxes and hobnobbing with the President while Heart sang "Stairway to Heaven"  Then this afternoon -- at the movie theater seeing Silver Linings Playbook -- a Led Zeppelin classic song came on the soundtrack, and I had another flashblack to 1969, 1970, 1971...

Sometimes I see young kids wearing Led Zeppelin T-shirts, and I think, How do they even know about Led Zeppelin?  And now I'm thinking, Why did I ever get rid of my Led Zeppelin albums?

Oh yeah -- Silver Linings Playbook.  We loved it!  And it was only one of three Oscar nominated pictures we've seen so far this weekend.

P.S.  If you are a Philadelphia Eagles fan like I am, you will really like Silver Linings Playbook.

No comments: