Wednesday, January 16, 2013

the word 'oogie' doesn't auto-correct

The streets had a light dusting of snow this morning.  I was on my way to work.  The song "Boogie Oogie Oogie" (Taste of Honey, 1978) was on the radio, and I was thinking  "'We're gonna boogie oogie oogie til we just can't boogie no more' -- what does that even mean?", when suddenly a minivan swerved in front of me and I slammed on the brakes while once again being validated in my belief that minivan drivers are the absolute worst drivers in the world.  I mean, these people go from driving a little Toyota Corolla to a vehicle that is more the size of a bus and they can't see anything, so they just change lanes with reckless abandon and are a menace to society.

I used to have a bumper sticker on the refrigerator at the office -- "Minivans Are Tangible Evidence of Evil".  (Remember that, Aaron?).  I never had the nerve to put it on my car.  I don't want to take a chance on distracting those people.

I say, after we get assault weapons banned, let's go for minivans next.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha I had forgotten about sticker, but I remember it now that you said it. hahah.. thanks for the laugh.

A.P.