Tuesday, January 29, 2013

overkilling the burglar

My experience with weapons is limited.  It was all during my two-year stint in the Army.  The M-16 rifle, the M-14 rifle, a pistol.  For a while, they even had me on the machine-gun team, which is ridiculous considering that I was a 130-pound toothpick lugging a M-60 machine gun over hills and through the woods.  And never did I once have the urge to pull the trigger on any of the above, and, if I never would have touched such weapons in my life, that would have been fine with me.  They were all designed to kill people, and anybody who has military-type weapons in their house, despite whatever else he or she may say, has the fantasy of killing people, even if it's only the imagined "intruder", and, let's face it, it's not really about the intruder.

No comments: