Sunday, January 20, 2013

right before the hoopla

I don't, but you might have the day off tomorrow for Martin Luther King Day, and you can watch Barack Obama's second inauguration.  He actually was formally inaugurated today -- privately -- and tomorrow is the oath done as instant replay for us, the people.

Of course I am very happy that this man has been re-elected, but I fear for him.  There have always been people who have disliked whoever happens to be president at any given moment, but in my life I haven't seen the hate in certain groups as there has been for Barack Obama, and now that he has won twice, there is a fury in them that I don't see lessening any time soon.  I don't envy him the next four years.  I hope he can bring out the best in Americans and that somehow Americans can bring out the best in themselves.

No comments: