Sunday, January 13, 2013

this might annoy Jon

My niece Ruthie and nephew James are coming over in a little while to watch the Golden Globe Awards with us, and, as much as I hate being a dork for movie award shows, hey, it's just one of my guilty pleasures.

And I know it annoys my son Jon if I blog too much about one subject too many days in a row, but here I am with a movie-related blog again -- no more for the next few days after this, I promise!

This weekend Jerry and I saw four Oscar movies -- as I already told you, Silver Linings Playbook, and also Beasts of the Southern Wild (on On Demand, not in a theater), Argo, and Django Unchained.  I'm still pondering what I think of the last three, especially Django, which we just saw today.  It's a Quentin Tarantino film -- very intense, blood-splattered, and excellent in its own way, but geeeez!!

I think Ruthie is coming in time to watch part of the pre-Awards red carpet interviews.  Heaven help us all.

No comments: