Tuesday, May 17, 2011

going dutch

I'm looking forward to hearing what my son Jon thinks of Amsterdam (I heard through the grapevine that he's tired of cobblestones already).  He's been there since Sunday and will be heading south from there into Belgium in the next couple days.

The reason I'm anxious to hear about his visit is that Amsterdam is probably my favorite city in the world.  Jerry and I have been there numerous times, usually staying on a houseboat on one of the city's canals or on the Amstel River, and we got to know the city very well and love it... and I miss it.

The photo here is one that I took using a disposable camera.  I had the photo enlarged and framed, and it's hanging on the bedroom wall.  It brings good memories to wake up to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

why has it been so long since you've gone there? When are you going back?