Friday, May 6, 2011

life outside the ICU

Ronnie had a fairly good day today but is still confined to that one room in the Intensive Care Unit, and how hard that must be for him after all this time.  Today they were able to get him out of the bed and into a special chair that had rollers on it, which I thought meant I could take him for a ride through the hallways, but No, he is still too vulnerable.  His immune system is just not strong enough to handle the risk of further infections.

It all makes me feel a bit guilty when I leave him and go do something fun out there in The World.  It also makes me appreciate the freedom I have and my health.  How quickly life can change.

I had breakfast with my "niece-in-law" Tiffany today (and I thought about naming this blog post "Breakfast With Tiffany", but I thought that might be just a little too cute) and her 15-year-old son Dylan (who had just broken his hand the night before in karate class and went straight from his pancake-and-bacon breakfast to the doctor for xrays).  Tonight my sister Mary and I took our grand-nephew James out to celebrate his 18th birthday and had a wonderful time with him.  It's possible that James might come to Minneapolis to stay with Jerry and me for the summer; if so, you'll hear lots more about him.

No comments: