Thursday, June 26, 2014

not much has changed

The other day, somebody told me that they sort of missed my blog since I've been absent for awhile now.  And so here I am.

There are 7 billion people on earth right now, and, to motivate me, all it took was for one of them to say they missed my blog.

One reason I put off starting again was because I didn't want to have to explain where I had been or what has happened in my life since the Academy Awards.

The short answer is, nothing.  And everything.

We had a total lifestyle change, Jerry and I.  We sold our condo in downtown Minneapolis and bought a house that is just barely in the suburbs, and we somehow just love it.  The setting is peaceful and lovely, yet the city is just a few blocks away when we need it.  We have a beautiful creek running through our back yard, and we see nature close-up, sometimes too close-up, when we have geese pooping on our lawn and deer chewing on our tomato plants.

But, meanwhile, out there in the world, Iraq is blowing up;  the World Cup has soccer players biting each other;  the Tea Party is getting crazier as it disintegrates; Jersey Boys becomes a movie; etc.....  There is much to blog about beyond how my yard is looking.  Watch for me.

Who owns our back yard?

No comments: