Saturday, March 2, 2019

neither Methodists nor Girl Scouts

I was in the mood to blog something about either 1) how the Methodists this week made a decision of non-inclusivity this past week that will, I hope, hurt them long term or 2) how much I love Girl Scout cookie time of year.

Instead, I couldn’t go that deep.

How about this?  As a casual observer and a listener, what I think are the biggest, most popular singalong jukebox tunes (unofficially) at my local bar:

1). “Bohemian Rhapsody”, Queen.
2). “Friends in Low Places”, Garth Brooks.
3).  “Take Me Home, Country Roads”, John Denver.
4).  “Sweet Caroline”, Neil Diamond.
5).  “Can’t Take My Eyes Off You”, Frankie Valli.

So do I get an okay to stay with my favorite bar while I refuse to re-think the Methodists?  Meanwhile, I’m chewing on Girl Scout cookies (thin-mints vs. caramel de-Lites, of course).

No comments: