Tuesday, September 7, 2010

the day after summer vacation

There is something about the day after Labor Day that brings on some sense of the blues or impending doom. It could be just the realization that we have to go through another long winter before we ever see summer again. For me and for some other people, I don't think that's it. Going back in time in my case several decades, it was always the day that school started up again, and that feeling of dread still pops up annually in my psyche, just out of habit. School wasn't exactly the Prime Time of my life, although, now that I think about it, I'd be hard-pressed to name the period that was Prime Time. Geez, maybe it's now... although I'd rather think it was a time when my eyes, my knees, and my prostate were a bit more dependable!

1 comment:

ruthie said...

So glad you wrote this! I've been so depressed all day thinking about the weather change and snow that is sure to come all too quickly. Seriously, low of 46 degrees tonight? HELP!!!