Friday, December 30, 2011

2011: one way to look back at it

Sometimes you hear a person say, "I sure am glad to see this year end!"

I am never glad to see a year end.  Life is too precious and too quick.

If a person were to look back at 2011 from that angle, I can understand it, though.  2011 was rough for a lot of people:  economic hardship, illness, loss...

And if I were to think back that way, I could do it too:  People that I care about are hurting... I had health problems -- something I'm not used to! -- that required surgery and landed me in a hospital for a week... And the number one personal trauma for me this year -- the death of my brother Ronnie.  My family is still struggling with that one loss.

It would be easy to say, "Wow, 2011 was a crappy year..."

... But, on the other hand.........

No comments: