Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011: the other way

I was looking back at my blog posts for the year, giving my memory a jump-start as I tried to focus on all the good things that formed my own personal 2011.. For instance --
Mostly good health...

A new car...

Spending time in my 48th, 49th and, finally, 50th state -- Oklahoma, Texas, Oregon...

Lots of good theater, my favorites of the year being True West at the Torch Theater, Neighbors at Mixed Blood Theater, God of Carnage at the Guthrie... Plus the Broadway touring productions of Les Miz and West Side Story...

Fun trips to Portland and Las Vegas...

Exceptional co-workers...

A great family reunion in New Jersey in August...

A great family, for that matter... I'm starting to realize how unusually close our family, including extended family, is... We are so lucky!...

Oh, and then there was the decision to bring my nephew James into our household to attempt to help him get a headstart in adult life.  That has been mostly a good experience, I think.  It at least helps me remember what it's like to be a naive eighteen-year-old.  And there are some days when it helps me remember what it's like to be  a naive fifteen-year old!

Then there is Jerry, who amazes me more and more as time goes by.  By the way, it's our anniversary:  we met 13 years ago tonight, New Years Eve 1998.

And I can't forget my loyal blog readers.  Cyber-hugs to you as we each welcome 2012, a year that, like any other, will bring us all frustration and reward, tears and joy.

No comments: